- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 T cooking oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 T taco seasoning
- 1 C shredded cheese
- 2 T sliced black olives
- 2 T full fat plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- Trim the ends off zucchini and slice in half lengthwise
- Scoop out and discard the seeds and pulp leaving 4 zucchini shells, or boats, and place in a 9×13 baking dish
- In a skillet, heat oil and saute onion and bell pepper until softened
- Add ground beef and cook until browned
- Add taco seasoning, mixing well and let simmer 5 minutes
- Spoon mixture into the zucchini boats and top with cheese
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and cheese is melted
- Top with black olives and greek yogurt
Change the filling for a different meal. Ideas include:
- Pizza boats made by using ground beef or italian sausage mixed with pizza sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza topping.
- Chicken parmesan boats made by using chicken mixed with pizza sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese.
- Chicken and broccoli mixed with cream cheese and topped with cheddar cheese.
- Asian boats made by using ground chicken, turkey, or pork and mixed with soy sauce, water chestnuts, green onions.
- Italian sub boats made by using italian sausages mixed with onions and peppers and topped with provolone cheese.
Macros (per 195g serving made without modifications)
268 cal / 20g protein / 18g fat / 4.5g net carbs
One Reply to “Zucchini Boats”
My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t believe just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!