- 1 roll breakfast sausage
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- Brown and crumble breakfast sausage over medium heat until cooked through. Drain.
- Add cream cheese to melt and stir together. Set aside.
Breading Base (Fathead Dough)
- Parchment paper
- 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 T cream cheese
- ¾ C almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425
- Line baking dish with parchment paper and coat generously with cooking spray
- Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwavable bowl and microwave 1 minute
- Stir and microwave an additional 30 seconds
- Mix almond flour and salt in a separate bowl
- Add almond flour mixture to the melted cheese and stir
- Stir in the beaten egg until mixed thoroughly
- If at any point, the dough does not mix thoroughly, your mixture has cooled too much. Reheat in the microwave for 15 seconds, taking care not too go to long to avoid cooking the eggs. I usually have to do this at least once.
- Wet hands and spread half the dough thin in the parchment paper coated baking dish. If it does not spread well, your mixture has cooled too much. Reheat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Poke holes in the dough with a fork to avoid bubbling
- Spread the other half of the dough on another piece of parchment paper coated with cooking spray that will cover the original one
- Poke holes with a fork in that dough as well and set aside
- Top dough in baking dish with sausage/cream cheese filling and spread evenly
- Top with second piece of fathead dough and discard the parchment paper it was on.
- Bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and golden brown
Macros (per 153g serving)
525 cal / 19g protein / 48g fat / 4g net carbs