- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 T sugar substitute (I use Truvia)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form
- Beat egg yolks, cream cheese, and sugar substitute in a separate bowl until mixture is fully mixed
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into cream cheese mixture being careful not to collapse egg whites
- Scoop mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper forming 6 clouds
- Baked at 350 until clouds are lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes
Use as buns for a sandwich, top with butter or sugar free jelly, or to make cloud bread cinnamon french toast. If using as buns for a burger, you can also sprinkle each cloud with sesame seeds before baking
Makes: 6 clouds
Macros (per 1 cloud)
64 cal / 3g protein / 5g fat / 0.5 carbs
5 Replies to “Cloud Bread”
These look amazing and I cannot wait to try them!!!
Mine came out to 1.5 carbs somehow. Guess it was the ingredients used! How would you recommend storing these for a later time?
Yep, that’s definitely possible! Different brands have different carb counts. For example I’ve seen plain cream cheese as high as 4 carbs but the one I usually use has 0. It can make a huge difference! As far as storage, I store them in the fridge in a ziploc or tupperware container.
Can you recommend a substitute for cream of tartar?
Hi! I’ve heard that you can substitute white vinegar or lemon juice but I’ve never personally tried it. Hope that helps!